Monday, December 3, 2007

Boner

As posted earlier, for the first week of the honeymoon we stayed on Ambergris Caye, at a place called Xaman Ek retreat and spa. They were kinda blowholes, just starting out in the "retreat and spa" business and in need of a little direction. Location was fuckin money though...especially since there were bones tailing about 100 feet from my cabana. The first one I caught (the only one I got pictures of...the smallest one, for real!) was about 40 feet from the "retreat and spa's" pier. I caught four total, but it took me about 4 mornings and 3 evenings to do it...I had a lotta shots. The biggest one a local ate for dinner. He was walking down the beach with a backpack pesticide applicator on, always GREAT to see, and he said "is it a good one?" and that he wanted to eat it, hope it was good.



I don't really know when this happened, but all I did after landing the fish was put it in the hook rest, so I am pretty sure I hooked and landed him with the hook like this. Fuckin genious I tell you.


2 comments:

salmobyfly said...

Nice T-Mos...good looking fly too, jist like we discussed...now about that permit?

t-mos said...

I must be honest. The fly was tied by the legendary sleazy neighbor nate. We had a little tying ho-down one night and his only stipulation was to catch some fish on his flies...specifically to get a picture of one of his flies in a fishes jaws, which I failed, but they certainly caught fish. Thanks again Nate.